Table of Contents
- Good news, bad news
- Beneficial insects: bug your bugs
- Bugs in your garden aren't the problem ... the problem is getting
the right ones.
- Biological diversity: every little bit counts
- We risk losing one-quarter of the earth's species in the next 20-30
years. If your response is, "so what," you should read this.
- Book by San Diego students celebrates local
Audubon Contest for an All Species Halloween
- Halloween can be fun AND raise awareness about biological diversity.
- Koala numbers down
- There may be only 40,000 of these cute marsupials left.
Equity over exploitation: global guidelines
for corporate giants
- Agreement between Costa Rica and Merck provides a model of development
- It comes down to the coasts: Part II
- In 30 years, the same number of people as the current world population
­p; 5.5 billion ­p; are expected to live in coastal zones. What are
the global implications, and what can be done?
- Straw bale construction: try huffing and puffing
these houses down!
- Build a house out of straw? What, no wood framing? Sound crazy?
Well, it's just crazy enough to work, and may be the best old/new idea in
Water in San Diego: plumbing and politics
- Water ... no problem, you turn on the tap and there it is. For
now. A look at the history of water in California, and the forces that control
- Kanazawa Institute sweeps "Solar Splash"
- Results of the first solar/electric boat competition by students.
- Auto buyback program is a crushing success
- The San Diego Air Pollution Control District acts to get polluting
clunkers off the road.
San Diego Earth Day
Just say YES to YES!Fest
- The International Children's Festival will help SDED produce YES!Fest
SDED unveils new logo for 25th anniversary
- Commercial artist Steven Morris contributes a new look.
Observations from the edge
- "C" is for consume
- Factoids, random bits and eco-trivia