Table of Contents
- What's growing on?
Special Feature: Organic Harvest Month
- Down on the farm: San Diego agriculture
- Our eating practices and food growing practices have important
ecological and economic impacts.
- Local organic foods markets: healthy and growing
- Nationally and locally, people are putting their money where their
mouths are, and feeling better for it.
- Organic farmers: businesspeople working the
- In these interviews, two local organic farmers discuss the challenges
and opportunities they face.
- The Gift Economy
- While the exchange economy may have been appropriate for the industrial
age, the "gift economy" is appropriate as we enter the information
- San Diego water wars: temporary truce or lasting
- Ongoing lawsuits involving sewage treatment plants move forward
- Cleveland National Forest protector wins award
San Diego Earth Day
- Calling all volunteers: help make a better
- Volunteers are invited to do their part for worthy hands-on restoration
- Join the drive to save the coast
- Coastal Cleanup Day is September 23rd!
Observations from the Edge
- "I" is for Isolation
- While last month's ET outlined a possible Christian relationship
of stewardship with the environment, our resident eco-radical complains
that if the past record is any clue, there is a lot more work to do.