Table of Contents
- Source of action?
- Cultivating Biophilia: our love for the family
- Observations by Harvard biologist and two-time Pulitzer Prize-winner
Edward O. Wilson show a profound, innate affinity for other organisms and
the natural world.
- Children's Environmental Index ranks best
and worst U.S. cities
- A new study by Zero Population Growth ranks 207 U.S. cities based
on the well-being of children growing up there. Both social factors (e.g.,
crime) and physical factors (e.g., air quality) are included. By the way,
San Diego ranks in the bottom third. Surprised?
- Testing the waters
- With our hard-won environmental protections under attack, it is
good to know that the city of San Diego is keeping a close watch on ocean
water quality. Now if we can just get them to do something about it.
Diet & Health
- Sugar here, sugar there, sugar everywhere
- Shelly Frances Deegan helps us avoid the dangerous white powder
- sugar - without forsaking sweets.
- Why ecology is a Christian issue
- Ecological mandates in the Bible are clear: God holds man accountable
for the state of the earth. The environmental movement has made a significant
strategic error by not enrolling Christians in the movement.
San Diego Earth Day
- Restoring nature ... restoring hope
- Announcing the Restoration Project, a new volunteer-based project
that will cleanup and restore five sites in San Diego. Sign up now!
Observations from the Edge
- "D" is for death
- Our resident eco-radical shares his sense of the futility of heroic
life preservation measures in a world struggling with massive starvation
and death from over population.