Table of Contents
- The time has come
- Flipper and Charlie: a tale of two species
- Public and political pressure has forced fisherman and canners to
provide dolphin-safe tuna - but at what cost to other species?
- From dolphins to turtles, Earth Island makes
- Sea turtles are being decimated by the shrimping industry. Now, a
new campaign hopes to replicate the success with saving dolphins.
Agriculture and Land Use
- Harvest or homes?
- Threatened and endangered are terms that could well be applied to
California farmlands in the Central Valley and here in San Diego.
- The Farm Bureau: a house divided
- Unlike the state organization, the local Farm Bureau feels property
rights should take precedence over resource and species protection.
- Resource Protection Ordinance continued for
- The County Board of Supervisors have delayed a decision on the fate
of this critical ordinance. Stay tuned for future hearings.
- Rainforest Run to benefit Calakmul Biosphere
- Proceeds from the seventh annual run/walk will help preserve this
biologically important area in Mexico.
- National awards for local energy programs
- SDG&E programs save energy - and money for customers.
- Encinitas dry cleaners accept hangers for recycling
A new spin on appliance recycling education
Mountain lions: share an expert's view
- A reprise of the popular SD Natural History Museum lecture.
San Diego Earth Day
- Earth Day is for lovers