Table of Contents
- Growth of a backwater
- At the beach: ecology and economy
- Increasing population, an overburdened sewage system, sporadic
rain pattern and careless dumping burden our shoreline.
- Resource protection under attack in San Diego
- The Resource Protection Ordinance is locally under attack. You
can help. If you think you can't, read the article on page 9.
- This land was your land
- " like any unguarded treasure, the [federal] lands have attracted
thieves, some of whom are now in Congress."
- Eating the land away
- Western grazing laws and policies amount to a giveaway, degrading
the land and running a deficit in the $100s of millions.
- Getting over it and getting politically active
- Most people have some great reasons for not being politically active;
we've gathered our top 10. Which reasons would YOU be willing to give up
in order to make a difference?
- Sustainable partnerships
- Progressive companies create a successful ­p; and profitable
­p; future by actively and positively responding to environmental imperatives.
- The newly-formed, action-oriented Sustainability Network of San
Diego holds its first public meeting, and extends an invitation.
Observations from the Edge
- "N" is for Newt
- If Bob's opinions seem harsh, you should have seen the first draft.
San Diego Earth Day
- First SDED Restoration Project a success
- Earth Day '96: it's that time again
- Each year, SDED works with more than 500 volunteers. Is it your
turn this year?