Table of Contents
- Season's Greenings
Ecopreneurs & Economics
- Dreaming of a green Christmas
- Do you have a hard time finding environmentally sound holiday
gifts that won't be politely "filed away" when you leave the room?
We sent our reporter out to find some unique "green" gifts. She
visited stores specializing in eco-products as well as mainstream vendors.
Check our her list.
- Fear and loathing in Mira Mesa
- This drama being played out in Mira Mesa is an absolutely classic
architype of businessmen trying to build an industrial plant with little
understanding for the concerns of the local citizenry.
- Floodplain fever: the trolley arrives in Mission
- The trolley is ready to be extended through Mission Valley along
the San Diego River floodway, despite concerns that the chosen right-of-way
is right through remaining wetlands and the floodplain.
- There's a new wildlife policy in Kenya: use
it or lose it
- The new director of the Kenya Wildlife Service is looking for ways
to give landowners a stake in wildlife conservation.
Environmental science lab to bloom at inner
- A new Outdoor Learning Lab will give students at the Lincoln/Gompers
Cluster Schools hands-on experience with environmental issues.
- Carlsbad company cleans up
- BCD International's biodegradable cleaner is the first to receive
the prestigious Green Seal award.
San Diego Earth Day
- Earth Day is what YOU make it
- Announcing the first planning meetings for 1995 and the 25th anniversary
of Earth Day.
Observations from the edge
- "T" is for tinsel
- Our resident eco-radical on the holidays
- The How-to alternative to command and control
- In "Rules for Reaching Consessus." Steven Saint
and James Lawson provide practical guidelines for managing group decision
- Factiods, random bits and eco-trivia